Friday, February 07, 2014

What I've learned about God while living life


I’ve learned that I am made in His image - Genesis 1:27a So God created man in His own image

I’ve learned there is only one God - 1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

I’ve learned people will let you down Matthew 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

I’ve learned I am Gods best work - Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I’ve learned I won’t be free of problems – Philippians 4:11-14 11 I don’t say this out of need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. 12 I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content—whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. 13 I am able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me. HCSB

I’ve learned I don’t need to be popular - Ephesians 4:14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.

I’ve learned Gods plan is best for my life - Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

I’ve learned Gods version of prosperity isn’t money - Mark 10:23 And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!"
24 And the disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said to them again, "Children, how difficult it is to enter the kingdom of God!
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God."

I’ve learned I don’t have all the answers - Matthew 6:25 Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

I’ve learned how to put others before me - Matthew 6:3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that you’re giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

I’ve learned it’s not about me2 Timothy 4:5 As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

I’ve learned it’s about a Cross - Colossians 2:14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.
Biblical References taken from the ESV unless otherwise noted

No comments: