Saturday, January 08, 2011

Have you heard


The other day I came across an announcement for a message entitled "wake up call for Gods people". It made me think, "are Gods people asleep?...yeah, pretty much." If we lived our lives as true Christ followers would we need a clever marketing strategy, book and cd series to wake us up.
Micah 6:7 "Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?"
What do we do to make things right with God? Do we increase our activities at church, enroll in a new committee, teach another class, become more involved in the church, tithe more? NO! Instead get on your kness and ask for forgiveness of the pride, the hatelful way you have treated people, for not standing up for what is right, for keeping silent when you should have spoken out, for putting your own agenda before Gods. The church, you and I, are not to be political machines in our worship. How are you and I different in Christ?
Matthew 3:8 Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.
Pride and self-importance don't bear repentance instead it looks more like "what's in it for me." You may not act like it on the outside but the heart reaveals true motives.
Jeremiah 4:14 O Jerusalem, wash your heart from evil, that you may be saved. How long shall your wicked thoughts lodge within you?
Keep reading, it gets' better. If you and I are to make disciples and share the life changing message of Christ in this world our lives must reflect Christ in us. The "wake up call" may simply mean getting your life in perspective to Christ. Before Christmas I read the story of George Washington at Valley Forge December 24, 1777. The story moved me and I told everyone in my family to read it before Christmas. It reminded me that men have taken a stand for whats right despite the overwhelming odds against them. Today we have forgotten what it means to stand-up for the right. Boldness is viewed as an undesirable trait. Yet these men stood in the face of great opposition and it proved victorious.
Have you heard that God loves you and wants to know you. Only through a repentant heart will you have access to the Creator and Father of Jesus our savior. Have you heard that your mistakes, pride and willful disobidience can be forgiven if you will ask. If you know Jesus as you Lord but have fallen into the trap of doing it your way repent ask Jesus to search your heart get right with Him and begin to live a life filled with the power of the Holy Spirit residing in you. Have you heard? Now tell someone.

No comments: