Monday, February 07, 2011

Church One Day

by 6ene Blankenship, Jr

I went to church this Sunday
to sing, pray, worship and praise
At the end of the service a comittee broke out
They said when you come back again
Ask the Lord before you come in
If you should sing and sway whats that all about
Come back next week if it's church you seek
So off I went considering my song
Lord fill my heart make me strong
Next Sunday I went to church
To sing and pray this time to worship
Again I was told now listen here
Your worship was loud the music with a beat
Search your heart during the week
Is God in worship with that sort tone
Again I pondered how do I worship Christ, Gods Son
This Sunday I was met at the door
Did you pray they ask, did you do as we wish
My answer was short something like this
Yes I prayed much time on my knees I spent
Asking the Lord about this church I went
To sing and worship, praise and pray
The Lord answered me in this way
Go ahead sing and pray it's from your heart this music with a beat
Get off the pew, raise you hands, stand to your feet
As for the church you ask I wouldn't know
Their faces drawn their voices low
The comittee formed the people met
But worship Me they haven't yet

2 comments:

Red Polston said...

Awesome!!! Enjoyed it very much...Love the logo for Land of the Sky...very nice...

Red Polston
Halo Jordan
www.halojordan.com

Pilgrim said...

The Old Cowboy's Message From God

One Sunday morning, an old cowboy entered a church just before services were to begin. Although the old man and his clothes were spotlessly clean, he wore jeans, a denim shirt and boots that were worn and ragged. In his hand he carried a worn-out old hat and an equally worn, dog-eared Bible.
The church he entered was in a very upscale and exclusive part of the city. It was the largest and most beautiful church the old cowboy had ever seen. The people of the congregation were all dressed with expensive clothes and fine jewelry. As the cowboy took a seat, the others moved away from him. No one greeted, spoke to, or welcomed him. They were all appalled by his appearance and did not attempt to hide it. As the old cowboy was leaving the church, the preacher approached him and asked the cowboy to do him a favor. "Before you come back in here again, have a talk with God and ask him what he thinks would be appropriate attire for worship in church." The old cowboy assured the preacher he would. The next Sunday, he showed back up for the services wearing the same ragged jeans, shirt, boots, and hat. Once again he was completely shunned and ignored. The preacher approached the cowboy and said, "I thought I asked you to speak to God before you came back to our church." "I did," replied the old cowboy. "And what was his reply?" asked the preacher. "Well, sir, God told me that he didn't have a clue what I should wear. He said he'd never been in this church"

oldcowboyheadedhome.blogspot.com