Thursday, November 20, 2008

Giving Thanks


Welcome back, we've been out doing Gods work. This past summer was a challenge like no other. We were focused on the business of ministry and as many of you may already know isn't were God calls us. What I mean is God did not call me to the business of Cowboy Church but rather the delivery of His message through the Cowboy Church. I begin this series with a bit of disappointment, a group that wanted to fund our Cowboy Church at the last minute decided to not fund our Cowboy Church. They wanted us to take COWBOY CHURCH out of our name. This comes from a group of pastors that seem to be more focused on the business of church rather than the ministering of the Gospel.

Don't get me wrong I am not disappointed about any of the funding because God is in control and provides my families every need. It did break my heart because of the attitude with which they approached me. All we can do is pray for churches that are holding on to the traditions and things of the past. The bible says old things are past away, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

What kind of challenge is the greatest? Is it a physical obsticle that we must over come? Or a mental thought that takes up our waking moments? Each is something we must face but not alone. We can have challenges but the Lord must be our source for all answers. He gives us the abilities and capacity to evaluate the challenges in terms of understanding and acceptance. In turn we make a decision on how to handle the obsticle in our path.

Lean on Gods understanding today, make a concious decision to put His will first. I have first hand experience with this. When I try to do it my way and it is contrary to Gods will for my life it falls short of my expectatoin and when it is the way God has planed for me then it seems to be effortless in it execution. Thats a fancy way to say that it works out for Gods purpose.

You have a purpose and God wants to show it to you but you must give your life to Christ and ask Him into your heart today.

No comments: